Carburators issue - 97 XJ600S

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
akulla
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello,

From the beginning i am having a problem with my bike. The issue is a cold cylinder problem that happens or number #2 or on number #4, and never on both simultaneously!
If number#2 is cold then number #4 is working and vice-versa. I have cleaned and ispected the carbs imumerous times and my conclusion is that there is nothing wrong with them.
I have checked too the ignition system, coils, plugs, etc.. and everything is ok. The bike starts ok, idles ok, but only in 3 cylinders!
On the last inspection on the carbs i noticed something odd in #2 and #4 carbs. in all four carbs there is a small hole that is blocked on number #1 and #3 but not on number #2 and #4.
That come to my attention because the holes are open precisely on the carbs that i have a problem. So my question is : Are the holes to be open on #2 and #4 and close on #1 and #3 ?
Also the carbs i got have the orange plastic floats and the information i got from my research here in the forum and other sites is that those are Canadian /UScarbs. I am in Portugal, can someone please confirm these things to me ? Thank You in advance. I am trying to post a foto of the carbs here on this topic.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login