$500 Project/First Bike

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
315seca2
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey all,

Recently acquired my 95 XJ600S from a buddy who bought it for 500 but didnt want it and I wanted to learn about bikes and ride one.

Kinda in rough shape when I first got it. Wasn't running at first, but i was able to get it running after putting in a new battery, starter relay and spark plugs and got the air box actually seated on the carbs.

Now I'm working on getting her road ready.

Got these yellow wheels with almost new Michelin tires for $70 each shipped on eBay, figured I couldn't beat that deal.

Bike came with new sprockets, chain, and brake pads.

I rebuilt the petcock because mine was leaking.

Ordered a full aftermarket 4-to-1 exhaust with a Kerker Slip On Muffler from eBay for only $200. My old headers (all that were on it) were rusted to hell.

Also lucked out that BigFeet51 is close to my cousin and is selling a bunch of parts. Thanks to him I'll have rear fairings, a nice gas tank without a dent and chipping paint. Front fender, swing arm (since mine is rusty) and several other tidbits that should allow me be just a naked front conversion away from what I envision this bike will be for me.

Definitely a fun project as I've never worked on a bike before or even had my own (i have had my motorcycle license for about 10 years now, but never owned a bike). Just trying to bring her back to glory.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This topic has 31 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login