The OFRBMKWHWLGGOBRB

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
LeighTower
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

8F7F3688-F76B-4F14-A3F7-90D7156760BA.jpeg
I am so excited! A few years ago a good friend was going for his bike license, doing a full intro riding class that would have automatically concluded with a full endorsement, had he aced the road test. He had been riding a friend’s 350 and was still pretty new to it and, unfortunately, put his feet down on a slow traffic cone section. He lost his inspiration, and to help him get it back I proposed that, in 5 years, we would do an Old Fart Retirement Blues Miami to Key West Hog Wild Last Gasp Good ‘Ol Boys Road Blast.

The idea was to fly to Miami, rent a couple Harleys, and truck on down to the Keys. I figured 5 years would give him enough time to get this riding thing under his comfort belt. Little did I know that his first bike would be a 600 and he would then shortly purchase - with wife’s blessing - a brand new 2018 Harley Heritage and take the thing on countless long trips both solo and group. Classic story of the apprentice (him) surpassing the skills of the “master” (me)!

We agreed to push forward the “5 year” plan to a 4 year timeframe, and we leave from Saint Petersburg at the end of March! I’ll be there for the baptism of my first granddaughter (another wonderful story - for later) and Tom is taking the car train down from DC with his Harley in tow. I’ll be renting the same model from a local shop, and we picked up a pair of Senas for the road. Two nights and a full day in Key West! And it all begins one month from today! I’ll be running TomTom Go software on my old Nexus 7 and we’re planning to take a lot of “by-ways” along with the highways.

I’ll post more on this trip as it gets closer!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best ride ever taken? The last one. I live for the next.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login