XJ600 rider in Norway checking in

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
julietkilo
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

First of all, thanks for having me!

On July 6th 2018, I finally got my motorcycle driving license, roughly 9-10 months after a neighbor and buddy who's a motorcycle mechanic sold me a 1998 XJ600 Diversion. Before that, I was driving a Can-Am Spyder for two years, getting used to the kevlar-and-helmet-wearing-lifestyle. At 38 years of age (soon to be 39), I guess I had to ease myself into the idea of two-wheeled riding by driving a trike for a while.

I consider myself a day tripper and don't travel too far from home (at least for now), so the most I have done was three consecutive days out on the road. But since I live on Norway's west coast, a few hours riding in any direction takes me past scenery so good you'd think it was CGI if it was in a movie... good riding experiences are plentiful as soon as I leave my doorstep.

I'm always doing small projects and have worked on cars a whole lot throughout my life. This winter I have been trying to improve my XJ600's light output for early spring/late fall/night driving here in Norway, by way of a 3D printed headlight housing with powerful LED lights. I tend to do a lot of riding at dusk and after dark, and we've got a bunch of wildlife targeting motorcyclists... I will post more information on this in a separate thread, and try to keep it updated as the project progresses.

Looking forward to joining this community and learning from other people's projects, as well as contributing where I can.

Here's my first attempt at posting a picture. This one has both my Can-Am Spyder and my XJ600 Diversion in it:

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login