Hello from Holland!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Thys
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi All,

I just wanted to take a moment to say 'hi' and introduce myself!

My name is Thijs (guess that's the shortened Dutch way for Matthias), living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. For as long as I can remember, I've been a bike enthusiast and especially loved the Ducati Monster(s) ever since I was a kid (I'm 26 now... still somewhat of a kid though!). I've only got my license for about a year now so I'm just getting into truly experiencing what riding bikes is all about.

Up until this point, I didn't own a bike - well, setting aside the recently bought '84 Suzuki GR650 with my Dad. But as of last weekend, I am the proud owner of what probably is the most orange '92 XJ600!

For now, it's safely parked in the garage at my parent's place but as soon as I have the opportunity I'll post some better quality pics: these were from the lady (yes, lady!) who posted the add.

The bike is mostly stock, apart form the obvious:
- friggin' orange paintwork! The bike's original color was red... I dig the orange though!
- frame painted light grey. This leaves room to assume the bike has been apart in the past.
- Laser Pro Stock exhausts. Not the full system though as it seems.
- after-market front/rear indicator lights

'Fun' facts:
- ~60.000 km
- new battery installed this summer
- rear break maintenance this fall.
- general 'winter' check-up 1000km ago... spark plugs, oils etc.
- rides, shifts, breaks as it should, electrics solid!

The 'not so fun' facts:
- Small dent in left exhaust
- Handle bar veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery slightly bent
the above happened probably because the bike tipped over once, no signs of a bent frame or damage
- some bodywork/fairings need a little work; small cracks. I'll post some pics of this shortly.

last but not least: what's the plan with this thing?
- Fix handlebars, probably will go for 'OEM' style bars.
- Fix fairing/bodywork for as far as I can do this myself
- Find out how the rear shock holds-up. couldn't quickly discover whether this is the stock one or not
- Replace some rusty bits'n'pieces
- belly pan 'cause I love a challenge.... tips are appreciated :P
- Engine guards / frame sliders
- wax on, wax off; get that thing shiny!

And of course, come spring; have loads of fun riding together with my dad because that is the sole reason for buying this thing.

Nice to be here and you'll find me snooping around here for some tips, how-to's and your experiences :)

Best,
Thijs
The most orange '92 XJ600 Diversion

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login