92' XJ600 Street fighter build

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
azngtboi88
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello friends! I figured it was time to post my build thread as the bike is finally fully functional. The project started slowly in late 2015 going through many different design iterations and this is where she sits today.

Build list:
FZR600R front end conversion (wheel, forks, triples, clip-ons, fender, and rotors)
R6 Gold dot front calipers
Honda TDM Grom headlight
Vanes and Hines 4-1 Exhaust
Modified Seca II seat
Modified rear frame
FZR600R 4in rear wheel
Ebay integrated tail light / license plate holder

At one point I had 3 parts bikes (2) FZR600's and (1) XJ600!

Future items:
I want to do some sort of a belly pan to tie the look together. I have the full targa under cowling, maybe I should try to use it as a mold to make a shorter belly pan. What do you guys think?

This was my first time doing any type of major build. Luckily I had the resources needed to accomplish most of the work myself. In the process I learned how to sand blast, powder coat, weld, bend tubes, seat upholstery, and many many other valuable skills I hope to carry onto another project in the future.

For this build thread I will try to create little chapters of where the bike sat at the time and what my processes were. I hope you all enjoy the build as much as I did!

Tommy
Last edited by azngtboi88 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Yamaha XJ600 and 2003 Honda 919

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login