Greetings from Holland!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Koert
New to XJR
New to XJR

Dear members,

It is time to introduce myself. First of all i want to apologize if my grammer is not a 100%. English is not my native language (Dutch is). So with that out of the way let me introduce myself.

My name is Koert and as mentioned in the title, i live in a small town near Rotterdam in the Netherlands. I wanted to ride a motorcycle since is was 15 years old (i am 27 now). I decided in january 2018 to finally do it. I had the funds for it so i went and got my motorcycle lessons. In The Netherlands we have to do 3 exams before you can ride a motorcycle. First exam is a written test with trafficrules and stuff. The second exam is motorcycle handling. This takes place in a parkinglot with a couple of excersises you need to show, such as turning with a motorcycle, slow riding and so on. Last exam is participating in traffic. This exam takes up to 45 minutes with an instructor riding behind you.

Fast forward! I got my motorcycle license after 7 weeks and 3 exams. So next up was a bike. I had a guy living two streets from me that was selling his 1996 XJ600 Diversion. After owning it for 18 years he turned 65 so he wanted to get rid of it. The bike had 36.000km on it, so for such an old bike it it was a steal. But more importantly all of the maintenance history was done at my local bikeshop! So they knew the bike and all the history on it.

I bought it of him and then i was the proud owner of a red coloured full fairing 1996 Diversion. I started riding the XJ600 in April 2018 to work.
20180302_100437.jpg
The bike was completely stock, but overtime i changed some things on it. Now, september 2018, after riding it for 12.000km myself here is the list of what i changed on the bike:
- Body mounted mirrors
- Led dashboard lights
- Led H4 headlight
- Led indicators
- CBF600 F4 shock
- Tinted windshield
- Givi top and sidecase rack
- Red handlebars
- Heated grips
- Heated gel seat (DIY)
- Framesliders
- R6 undertail
- R6 taillight (LED) with integrated turnsignals
- License plate holder

All of these mods made the XJ600 more suited for me. I ride this bike to work 5 times a week, so it needs to be as comfortable for me as possible. And i like to tinker with stuff, upgrade things and make them more modern. Main source for the parts was through Aliexpress, Ebay, and some motorcycle parts websites.
I am not experienced in motorcycle upgrading whatsoever. But it was easy to upgrade my bike to this. If you have a basic understanding of tools and how to use them, you can do wonderfull things with low cost parts.
20180917_130400.jpg

So, that is in short who i am! i like to tinker with stuff and surprisingly it worked with my motorcycle using XJrider as a guide.

You'll be hearing from me more! Planning on doing a full write up on the upgrades on my bike on the upgradepage.

Thanks for reading this and have a good one!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1996 XJ600 Diversion. Full fairings, red colour. Made it comfortable for my use with various parts and upgrades

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login