1997 XJ600S restoration

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
akulla
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Well, i have opened this thread to show the story of my work on this bike. When i first bought her in 03/2018 she was in very poor condition, but she started and had a fine iddle. The trhottle was super tuned, it would go up to 8.000/9.000 thousand and fall back to iddle in no time. I was very surprised with that. Nevertheless the carbs were full of shit, most of it beeing rust from the gas tank. The frame paintwork was a horror movie, the bike original color was magenta but ii had been spray painted silver, green and some other... But, the frame was new, no rust at all and no signs of stress, it was flawless.
The breaks were both stucked, a nightmare, the fluid was solid...The eletrical harness was in good shape too, only needed some attention. The wheel bearings were from factory and were in a mess. The forks had almost no oil and full o water and rust...but were straight and with no integrity problems.
Well, to much things to enumerate, i let you with the first video i did from the pictures taken.

[Video][/Video]

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login