The Rat'version Project

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Neville
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Howdy !
I'm back with some news. I finally bought the cheapest running 600 Diversion aviable on LeBonCoin, the french Craigslist : a 1993/94 green S model. "Beautiful from afar, but far from beautiful" as we Froggies say.

No rust, reasonable oil leaks, engine runs pretty good for a Divy : that's for the good.
The bad was the brand new "Powerbatt"(WTF ?) battery was DOA. Fixed it with a good old Yuasa.
The ugly, now : the fairing is ruined, the tank has a big dig on the right side, both silencers have known better days.

As my purpose was to get the cheapest daily driver possible, I won't get into au full restoration as some of you guys have undertaken. Therefore, I will take some kind of rat bike way : change fluids and filters, purge the brakes and change some gaskets to keep the beast clean and functional, cannibalize my dead TDM from all the compatible parts, find cheap spare pieces of bodywork no matter the color, get a cheap exhaust and let the thing evolve Badlands style.
I've already ordered an ultra cheap and ultra fast repair solution for the tank and some spare nuts for the fairing. I'll update as soon as I receive it.
Restez connectés !
Heading for the Wastelands

This topic has 16 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login