my xj600 customized

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
greeny4704
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

All apologies to swartz77 cause I definitely do jump right into his threads lol So here we go I bought my Dj for $1000 last august had 1300 on it ran good had about 2 months of fun with it then parked it for the winter. Being my first bike I had no clue on what to do with it besides tear it apart to learn and to paint it black. So that's what I did the following spring I put it back together and fired it up. Just a terrible idea!!! Carbs still had old fuel tank had rusted since I only left about a cup of gas in it with the cap off. So in 3 months I dropped about 400 in it new Carbs new float needles throttle cables battery and small things. Ran good all summer drove it to work everyday for about 3 months. So this winter I shall comense the tearing apart again lol im in the process of making a new rear fairing have made custom bars cut the factory exhaust down from a 15.5 inch muffler to a 8 inch muffler next is pulling off the front fairing and gauges my cnc guy at work is going to custom make a aluminum cover for the face of the factory gauges and im making the housing ;) going with a buell naked/streetfighter headlight. Going to custom make my taillight and rear turns signals will be led pods. Finally repaint the whole bike not sure if im going gloss or staying flat (open for suggestions) lol think im also going to try and find yellow seat material. I think that's it lol ill try and move quick cause I know you all are picture hungry just like me lol

BUILT NOT BOUGHT

This topic has 643 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login