Riding in Thailand

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator

I just got back from business trip in Thailand, and during the weekend, I and the sales rep I was with decided to rent a couple motorcycles instead of sightseeing in the company van. The owner of the plant I was auditing heard our plans and insisted we take his motorcycle, plus he is good friends with the owner of the motorcycle shop, so he got us a rental for free. So, I ended up cruising through the Thai countryside on a brand new (as in 1 week old) Kawasaki Vulcan 900 and a POS drag star (we switched off on the nice bike). Anyway, here are the bikes.

At that same gas station, I found this bike too

That Vulcan was amazing. Despite it's size, it was easy to handle, felt totally stable, was super comfortable, and was smooth as silk. The drawbacks were that I didn't like the laid back seating position and it didn't have much acceleration despite the engine size. Having the foot pegs so far forward put me back on my tail bone, which I didn't like. Either way, awesome ride. Here are some of the views.

NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread (Rusted out)
2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (gone)
2004 Vespa ET4 (sold)

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login