Operation Learning Curve!

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
julscruiser
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

So I picked her up yesterday and brought her into the basement. Shes got almost 23k on her. Is in need of some love, I am charging the battery as I type, hopefully shell fire afterwards. Before I start ordering anything I just want to get her to fire and then I will start everything else.

Dumb question of the day ( told you I am new to bikes). To get it started, I turn the key to on and put the switch to run and hit start correct? What does the petcock thingy need to be on????

She was red originally, I can tell cause they didn't paint her to well. There is a dent in the gas tank and some scrapes, the rear fairing have a crack in them repaired not to well and the middle piece behind seat is home made. All in all not terrible but not great. Ill get her running and worry about that junk later.

I am doing a motorcycle class come May so I got plenty time to mess with her. Thanks

This topic has 229 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login