Daily Rider Project.

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Duck07
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey everyone Duck here,

This is my seca I picked up for $600 bucks running and driving with clean title....Image...
She know looks a little different as I painted the tank and tail...which I will be repainting soon with a better quality paint and when I do I'll be replacing the whole fuel line system and filter.

Anyways this is my slow project bike plus I ride almost everyday and every weekend so I do alot of my work at night or whenever I'm not riding.

Goals for my bike.
1. Corbin seat...I see good things about this and I put in a lot of saddle time.
2. Dents out of the gas tank..old owner dropped it and dented the tank.
3. new front headlight and gauges.
4.FZR front end.
5.all brand new hand controls and switches.
6.Painting the bike...I will keep smurf blue for the frame and do a hot rod or racing orange for the tank...My grand fathers race colors.
7.rear luggage rack with top case to go with my side bags.
8. removable front hard cases (this is a so so upgrade I may or may not do)
9.add a 12 volt charging port to the bike with a volt meter.(not sure if this will really work)
10.Keep her naked but go with a nice front fairing to cover up the gauges and light.
11. V-star 650 rear shock.
12.Re build the motor and all parts with it( this will be a down the road if anything happens or when I get my second bike I'm planning on.
12.Tour the US and surrounding area...

My goal with this bike is to tour the country with my wife on her bike. I have other bikes I want to get in the future and I have had other bikes but this bike for long distance riding and the different terrain you can take it on...oh and did I mention how light it is... :thumbsup: makes this a great bike to tour on.. I do monthly 500 mile rides and plan to do a lot more in the future as well as camping and all around adventuring...
I have a group on facebook for AZ touring riders called Arizona Motorcycle Adventure Touring...If anyone is local and would like to join any of my rides please let me know...I have planned out routes we take as well as gas stations and food stops planned...Some trips are over night.

Hope everyone had a safe fun holiday and can't wait to see everyone's XJ progress.....Image
Last edited by Duck07 on Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XJ TouringAZ

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login