Arne Reiersen's xj600 51J

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Arnereie
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello, i bought my 51j in late May this year, she was sendt to a chopper, who sold it to me as a project. I gave around 11500 nkr for her ( thats about $ 2000)
ImageImageImage
At first the plas was to get her back to the original state, but after i stumbeled over this site, and saw the 'naked convention' gudie, i got inspired to go for something like that.
So i got started, i god my hands on a headlamp with LED blinkers, and a fazer tail light also with LED Blinkers Image

But my work got stopped when a friend called and told me to have her ready for a trip to Denmark.
So i assembeled the parts i had in a bit of hurry, and well... This is how she looks now..ImageImage

But in this winter im going to buy new speedo and tacho, repaint her and try to rebuild her ass into something more 90's xj600 inspiered..

By the way, digital dirtbike speedo is a no-go Image

I'm open for new ideas, and would love if anyone had coments about what im trying to do, maybe give me new ideas.

P.s is there a thread about customizing the footpegs into some nicer ones, i dont like the originals on the mid 80's xj.. Image

Regards from Norway
Arne Reiersen

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login