My Reborn '97

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
mcaninch35
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi all! I've been lurking for quite a while, and realized I've never really posted a pic of my bike, or gotten involved much with the site. I bought it two years ago, and have slowly been getting it back up to speed. I work two jobs and go to school full time, so my time is generally spoken for-hence the slow progress.

Here's the bike the day I bought it (for a steal, I might add):

I soon got to work, cleaning carbs, fitting new tires, fixing the absolute mess of wiring the PO had left behind, and a lot of other things. I didn't really take many pictures of that, so I'll show you the bike as she sits now.

I really like the way it came out, it's a big improvement. But, as you all know, there's always more to be done! Just a few things I'd like to get done this summer are:

1. Repaint exhaust/swingarm/wheels and put on some red rim tape
2. Kill my fairing buzz
3. New bars, mirrors, and grips. I have Bikemaster Daytona bars, Bikemaster Old School Mirrors, and Oxford Heated Grips I got on closeout, I just need to find the time to get them on.
4. Chain/Sprockets

I'm sure the list will grow, and I'm hoping the forum might have some suggestions for me too. I'd also like to thank you guys- this site has been invaluable in getting the bike up and running.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login