R1 swap/build thread need some advice

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Youngxjrider
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi guys as some of you may know I'm building a street fighter out of my "ugly" Yamaha seca 2, well atleast I think it's an ugly bike, so I know there are other street fighter threads but none that have helped me for this build, things I want to do:
Replace the xj rear plastic and seat with the Yamaha r1 seat and rear cowel, I think that's what it's called, anyways I want the whole yamaha r1 tail on my bike, I'm pretty nifty with fab and have a lot of tools,
Next I want to do the fzr 600 front end swap, I've already read some threads about this, can someone list the parts I need to do this so I can go on ebay and start getting a ball park price?
Next I want to know if it's possible to do a r1/r6 swing arm swap, if so how hard would it be? If not I'll just do the fzr 600 rear wheel swap so I can put a fat tire on my bike
Next I want to out a trail tech vapor on my bike, can anyone tell me which one will fit?
Now I'm sure I will have more questions but for now that's all, can someone get real specific on the r1 tail swap and how hard I will be, I know it's possible because I've seen threads about ppl doing it, this is also going to be my build thread, and I'm really excited, thanks guys.

This topic has 53 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login