GA to PA Adventure

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Drapheus
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

On April 7, 2011 my brother and I set out on a trip from Atlanta, GA to Gettysburg, PA for a pal's wedding. Mighty fun trip. Got to learn about what the XJ and my body can and can't endure on a long journey.

It was definitely a trial run for the 2012 rally!

#1 -- Thursday, 4.7.11 The first day. Swiped the saddle bags off my lady's bike. Can't say they look the greatest on a Seca II but they do the job! The rear luggage I found on clearance at Cycle Gear a long time ago -- man I'm glad I got it.

#2 -- Thursday, 4.7.11 On I-77 near Fancy Gap, VA. I don't think I could have made this trip without a cramp buster. The seating stance on a Seca II puts enough pressure on your wrist that riding for a good long while wears your hand out.

#3 -- Thursday, 4.7.11 First night's stay in Salem, VA.

#4 -- Friday, 4.8.11 An hour or two north of Salem. It was starting to rain and we had to put on the rain suits -- which I'm very glad I had. Thank goodness my gauntlets were waterproof. Joe Rocket Velocity shoes certainly weren't! I don't mind the rain but as we predicted is was wet and cold. 45 degrees or so.

#5 -- Friday, 4.8.11 Rained all day. ALL DAY. Had to stop every 30 minutes to warm up. Took us 8 hours to go 245 miles -_-

#6 -- Friday, 4.8.11 Wet and more wet.

#7 -- Saturday, 4.9.11 Stopped somewhere outside of Chambersburg, PA

(still need to go through the pictures of Gettysburg I took on Saturday)

#8 -- Sunday, 4.10.11 I don't know where this is, lol. But there's a dirty XJ.

#9 -- Sunday, 4.10.11 Rest stopping in Virginia

#10 -- Sunday, 4.10.11 Heading back down I-81. We stayed in Christiansburg, VA.

#11 -- Monday, 4.11.11 Instead of taking 81 to 77 to 85, we branched off 77 and got on 40 towards Asheville.

#12 -- Monday, 4.11.11 Time to hydrate

#13 -- Monday, 4.11.11 Stopped in Waynesville? Waynesburg? North Carolina.

'92 XJ600 - 50k | '95 XJ600 - 5k

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login