Stuck in first gear

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
therockbg
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey guys. Today i was changing my chain and sprockets and i engaged into first gear to stop the front sprocket from turning. Then The bike got stuck in first gear.
I got the sprocket out ... i was using a crowbar to help me out because it was stuck (the sprocket) so i am afraid i did something because now i cannot get it out of first gear.

Also one thing that makes me thing it is the clutch - when i depress the lever - the wheel keeps turning and i cannot stop it even with the clutch lever pulled all the way in and the adjustment on the lever and on the clutch cover all the way so i can pull it as much as possible.

Now the oil is old (about 1 year old and the bike had not been running for 4 months prior to today. Today i made 6 km trip with this old oil to the garage ... and since then the clutch got stuck ...
I am not sure weather it is the clutch or even worse - something with the gearbox ... Does anyone have some idea what to try so i can ... fix it ...

This topic has 14 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login