1984 FJ600 projected started need help with ignition install

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
84FJ
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi guys, I posted this on the first gen sextion but didnt get any relies so I am hoping someone will be able to help. I just got a 1984 FJ600 as a winter projected. It neess some work but with some help/advice from you fine people I should have her back on the road early next year. I decided to start with replacing the ignition as it had a a toggle switch in the place of a messed up ignition. I will also be rebuilding the brakes next front and back. Getting a new clutch cable and throttle cable, change all the fuids and plugs new battery and go through the carbs. But fist I did the ignition... well attempted to anyway. I got everything off but I ran into a snag. The two bolts that hold the ignition on are underneath a black that is attached to the the triple tree/forks. The bolt that I think I need to remove is the one thats at the right of the picture. Has onnyone done this before and can help me out? Is there an easier way to get this done. Heres a pic of the ignition.
http://s1316.photobucket.com/user/jpere ... sort=3&o=0

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login