Old project, Started up again!

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Churcher
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi all, well... I picked up my Diversion well over a year ago and started my original project. Didn't really turn out very well. Although I managed to get it running slightly for about 10 minutes, then it gave up completely. Then life took over and I had to put it aside. I've now started doing a motorcycle maintenance course so decided to start up the project again. First time around I bought a new set of carbs, so I took the old set apart and have misplaced Hal the bits from them :( but I think this time around with a bit more knowledge I can get her running, and she is staying yellow! No idea how to put pictures up on here right now, but it's 1am where I am and I have to be up in 5 hours an its that "tired but can't sleep" mood that has descended over me. Currently in the process of removing the engine and everything else in preparation for painting the frame (rover inca yellow) my local halfords are chucking it out dirt cheap with my trade discount card!!! So far, I have removed the tank, rear fairing, carbs, fuel pump/filter commutator, and the front headlight unit including the ignition barrel, I believe it was replace (thankfully) as it meant I could just unscrew it. Planning on restoring it back to stock as my first project. But also thinking about a possible street fighter conversion. Have also got some parts from a thunderace sitting around I think the front forks could work quite nicely if I do that.

Will keep you all updated hopefully not just when I can't sleep at night and am making very little sense!
Last edited by Churcher on Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 51 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login