1993 Yamaha Seca XJ600 Progress Thread.

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
93YamahaSerf
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

What's up everyone, I've decided to make a progress thread so everyone can see and so I can keep track of the progress. Enjoy!
Warning!! I talk a lot.
A few months ago, picked up the bike like this

Started to finally work on it like 2.5 weeks ago
Stripped it completely to the frame to paint just about everything black.
Here is the frame with light primer ready for paint
First coat
Painted the entire engine black with 500 degree resistant paint.
It's not staying completely black, I am going to paint some covers on it charcoal great such as the side covers and VC,

First primered panel
I'm going with charcoal metallic gray on all the fairing.
It's almost Mirror like, I did like 3 coast of clear bits its still not a mirror finish :(
Will buffing fix it?
As of now I only have 2 fairing done lol. The side one, the other farininf either had runs or lines if paint or aren't painted.
Preety much Everything on the bike will be some type of black
So I laid the engine down, and put the frame over it and the bike chain was sim the way so I had to take the frame off to re position the chain then the chains decides to come off easily! After I have Socrates up te paint. I was getting so mad.
Finally got the engine and the engine mounts tightened up, no I have to re paint the damn frame and some sections of the engine.
I installed the front forks, they're not painted yet, I wanna make sure the pic will run first.
Also the rear was too low an i didn't like the look, so I got some little extenders from a trailer shop(shopping or trailer stuff and I came across them ha)
They look like and extended oval with 2 holes on each side.
Have the bike a nice lift!! But now idk if its too high?
Also notice the red tank, I'm thinking of just re painting it red an have it the only thing in the bike Rhys not black/gray

I completely cut off the License plate holder/turn signal holder, I am goin to integrate the turn signals into the brake light housing, and have the license plate right below the lift with some metal straps.
Nothing rear tire holder is flat black, it's saying that way, the wheels are gonna be painted black but not now,
Also decided to line up the front fairing just for the hell of it.
Also painted the handle bars black,
And the front turn signals are gonna be cut off! Only idea where to re locate them is onto the fairing or bring them in so I don't look like a bug,
Degreasing the wire harnes
I rinsed it off, blew all the socket clean, and touched up some areas with tape am looks great now.
When the bike was just the from and engine and wheels it looks sick, then I put the front lamp&fairing on an it jut killed it. No offense to anyone but I do not like how round it is, so tomorrow I am goin to get some abs forming plastic & glue and see what I can do,
For my future reference, do thu have te an plastic and and glue at Home Depot? Or shoul I got to another store?
So as of now, I just need
the float needles for the carb,
Ingnition switch with matching key
Possibly a new seat, I'll post pics annuouguys can say if its repairable
New mirrors,
Led lights,
Single HID kit
Handle bar grips
And maybe a new chain and tires forsure!

Questions:
Also does anyone have or know the diagram for the fuel,
There's a canister with 3 nipples, then a fuel filter and the carbs and I have no clue what hose goes to what.
Also I got confused with what color wires go on what spark igniter, idk which 2 wire go to which igniter,
Can the oil filter be found at a local store?
And, I think it's my last questions but I think I'm forgetting one,
If I put fuel I'm each cylinder and try to start the bike, the bike should start up for a quick sec then shut off right?
'95 Acura Integra LSV-SE. 500 hp build (Daily)
'91 Honda Civic EF (Sold)
'95 Acura Integra (Investment)
'04 Infiniti G35 5AT (Sold)
'93 Yamaha XJ600 (Soon to be Daily)

This topic has 30 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login