Range Rover v. Seca II

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So yesterday when I was riding home from work up highway 63 (speed limit 65mph) everything was a normal 70mph cruise with traffic building up in front of me and me waiting for a passing lane(its a two lane with alternating passing lanes)... the first to go down in seca dust would be a Land Rover, Range Rover, or so I thought....
When a passing lane opened up the range rover pulled around the car in front of him and I followed... I kept following noticing the wind resistance was picking up, I looked down and we were going around 90mph. No big deal it was just to pass a couple cars. Back to the two lane.... The range rover was averaging a higher speed then me so I just followed behind.... wasnt too bad thought id make good time... next group of cars came up... wait again for a passing lane.... when the passing lane finally came the range rover took off... I followed behind only this time he just kept speeding up... I was thinking what the hell Ill keep up with him its just a range rover.... So I got into a full tuck, toes on the pegs knees in head under my windscreen, knees in, elbows in, damn good posture if i do say so myself... rather quickly 90, 100, 105,110,115.... I mean Im givin her all shes got captain!!!! She topps out at 118mph and the range rover is still going! :censor: He just keeps pulling away! I was almost embarrassed but I decided Id just slow down to 85, which keep in mind is still 20 over and a felony, and let him be my rabbit. He eventually hit a group of cars and I caught up. I got a look at the driver and its some old guy and his wife! The things packed down with travel stuff and its got a nav system and all the creature comforts...
I guess the guy was just in a hurry cause he hauled balls all the way up that highway, and not just 20 over... Idk where he was going but his plates were Arkansas...
Today is a sad day for secas everywhere.... in the battle between heavy land yachts and light nimble secas the land rover smoked my ass! :what:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login