XJ rebuild F86 fighter jet theme artwork comments

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Thomashof
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I am in the process of having my XJ600 rebuild to resemble a F86 sabre jet. By looking at my gallery you will get the idea of what I am trying to accomplish. The reason for this is that found that the cowling on my XJ resembles the air intake/front of an F86 fighter jet. Take a look at my gallery and you will se what I mean.

http://www.xjrider.com/gallery/index.php?cat=10219

currently I am having all the fairing, tank, fenders rebuild in aluminum. Once this is done and fitted to the bike I will use rivets to resemble the the original look of the airframe. And then there is the questions of what artwork to add to the bike.
I am currently undecided between the layout on Robbie Risner Sabre or the Skyblazer layout - both layouts can be seen in my gallery.

What do you believe would look coolest on the bike. The Skyblazer theme or Robie Risner/Bugs Bunny layout. ?

Everything is being handmade fra alu. sheets. - just imagine the craftsmanship that is being put into this bike - thanks to Evan from Speakeasy Motors. Is it free - hell no but that is the cool part having a solid regular bike turned into art and a tribute. I think my XJ deserves it but then again aren't we all a little crazy.

Your comments about what artwork to choose and why is important feedback. We want this bike to turn out great

Thomas

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login