Close Call

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I was doing my normal commute yesterday which is just a straight shot up 49 from Valparaiso IN.
On the way back home I decided to take a different route and cut through town instead of continuing on the highway. This also directed me around road construction. I was coming down Calumet Ave. which is a main artery of the town when a car three ahead of me slowed for a right turn with no warning. The car behind that car hit her brakes and came to a stop while the S-10 in front of me proceeded to rear end her. I was following a distance that was safe for normal circumstances and did not have enough room to make an emergency stop without hitting the truck in front of me. So I fought every urge in my body to target fixate on the bumper of the truck and set my eyes just to the left of the S-10. I ended up making a stop right around the driver window of the S-10 about 3 feet from the truck. Just barely crossing the center line which was a turn lane. Phew.... I'm not gonna lie I was shaking a little.
Moral I should have gave a little more distance for emergency situations but I feel that in the thick of it I made a sound riding decision that avoided catastrophe. :duck:
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login