The roads I know best!

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
DivvyJoe
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi All

It's raining here today... :thumbdown:

I thought I'd post my first ride report! A short one, but I've never done one before, so I'll rely on comments to make sure the next is better etc.

Almost every weekend I make a mandatory 70 mile round trip to my girlfriend's parents house, where she stays during the week whilst at college/university. I share taxi duties with her father - one of us brings her home and one of us takes her back again.

There are multiple routes I can take, the easiest route being by motorway (or freeway in the US...) but that's boring and I prefer the backroads. Even then I can choose from half a dozen different routes. Some routes are slower, good for when the weather isn't so good, but my favourites are the faster and more flowing routes, even if they are longer.

I recorded my journey home after dropping the girlfriend off on Sunday - a good hour's ride - and have edited it to glue together the best bits. I've recently posted a video, split into two parts, of me riding to her parents to pick her up but was held up a lot by other road traffic. This newest video is probably one of the best traffic-free rides I've ever had on that journey!

The journey is 50/50 town riding and country riding. One day I'll make a video of just the town riding so you guys in the US can see how terrible our road surfaces are, full of holes and debris most of the time... even the 'best' roads are no where near as wide open and inviting as yours over there :evil:

Anyway, here's the vid, linked to YouTube. I did record it in 1080p but YouTube decided it would look better in 480p, so I'm sorry the quality isn't as good as it should be:

[youtube]dgQ79EG1bac[/youtube]

For my next report, I reckon I'll take a trip with the other half to our local airfield and get some nice pictures instead.

DJ

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login