Another Day at the Beach (UK Edition)

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
mikee112
User Administrator
User Administrator

Hey Guys
OK so this week I'm off work ( really needed a break from the old 9 to 5 )
And today was a beautiful day, so I decided to do some Riding :thumbsup:

First I stopped on the way to the beach to get some more ACTION SHOTS http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1488

I was just setting the camcorder up lol !

Then on to the beach:
this is the view on the road that leads to the seaside town of "Southend-on-sea"
That's the beach in the background ( it was a bit hazy )
BTW- Ignore the time on the handlebar mounted clock, the battery is on the way out and it was about one and a half HOURS slow !!!!

As it was now lunch time I thought I should stop and get some very British Fish & Chips ( from "ye olde chippy" ), Didn't get any Fish in the end ( tourist town waaay expensive !! )
but I did get some Chips ( American "chips" we call "chrisps" )

I like this water feature you can see in the background here, Kids seem to love it aswell

And so on to the beach, this beach is actually the mouth of the RIVER THAMES ( the river that flows through LONDON )
Sorry 1Oldman, no bikini babes ( that's the famous British reserve, although this was mid-week and it wasn't that hot, around 75f, I'm sure on a hot day at the weekend there would be one or two !!!!! )

Ha ha no parking !!

Unfortunetly the tide was out so it is hard to see the beautiful sparkling brown water ( yes I did say brown ), To be fair the water is not that bad, when the tide is in and the sky is blue the water looks fine ( yes blue ), but in the winter or in stormy weather it churns up mud and turns the water brown :(

I like this next pic, shame I left my gloves on the seat

see the yachts on the mud flats ( they look better bobbing up and down on the sea, when the tide is in !! )

people own these little huts and use them as a base when they visit the beach ( they're not allowed to stay over night in them )

opposite the beach there are "amusement arcades"

And a fairground

WHAT :o PALM TREES IN ENGLAND !!!!!!!, Yes indeed and here are the photos to prove it :thumbsup:

and some very nice looking beach side apartments

Anyway by this time the sky was starting to cloud over, and there were some very ominous looking rain clouds forming........ so time to go home

Phew !!! just got home in time, the rain is hammering down as I write this report, but all in all a good day :kudos:
Last edited by mikee112 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login