Koi's 1 Year Yosemite-Lassen-Shasta

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
i_am_the_koi
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

So after an entire year of riding and 8 months on my xj600 I decided to do a major ride to congratulate myself.

Here's the Route, http://g.co/maps/awyfp, I had planned out when I left.

I wanted to do Yosemite, Lassen, Shasta, the Redwoods, Hwy 1, the coast, and home in 5 days or less.

I did not make a single hotel reservation until the day before I left, as I was worried about snow in October and wanted to be flexible if I came across a closed off road or conditions unbecoming to a noob.

I had posted this on another site and thought I would share since I recently found XJrider.

10/22
Left Napa at 4pm Saturday

Taking after a buddy with my "while riding photo attempts"...

Made it about 70 miles to Lodi before stopping for a break and a quick Bike Wash

Wished I had stopped in Angel's Camp and taken a picture of the sign atleast, or the fairgrounds, home of the Frog Jumping competition!

But I didn't.

I did Stop again at sunset on New Melones bridge. Nice lake, really tall bridge, wouldn't want to jump off of it.

Got a room at the Royal Carriage, #1 hotel by tripadvisor and AAA... 80 bux for my own cottage.

Went to the local hotspot and watched the end of the World Series, also the oldest bar in town.

Forgot my cash so they put me to work :grins:

But I got a steak out of it... :kudos:

Biker sign

Sleepy Little town

Can't wait for day two.

Getting up bright and early and heading out. Stopping for breakfast before Yosemite, spending the day, then back out the other side and up to Lake Tahoe
Last edited by i_am_the_koi on Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watch Koi's Videos: KoiFail, Berryessa 2-5,, Barf Nazis
Koi's Favorite Ride Reports: Yosemite 2011, CTTB

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login