Bought my first project bike at 17 and I have no clue where to start.

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
AllStar
New to XJR
New to XJR

This is my 1991 Yamaha xj600. I have all the original fairings, fork(in horrible condition), and front wheel. I also have a parts bag, with the cluster, lights, mounts for fairing, original calipers, clip on bars. It has a new battery, the rear taillights and the cluster light up… but that’s the only life outta this thing. The bike sat for about 10 years but was kept completely dry, the tank is also still shiny and doesn’t smell of bad gas. I have a bit of mechanical knowledge, loved anything thing that has an engine since I can remember. However I let the excitement of getting my first bike get to me, I overlooked a lot of the stuff that is wrong with the bike. It’s a bit overwhelming, I just have no clue where to start with it. Any help you guys could give me for fixing it up, finding parts etc would be greatly appreciated.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login