120 70 17 for front tire and rear shock upgrades?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Jesse78
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi I am new on here and looking forward to getting more information on these bikes and seeing everyone's projects.

Here is my current dilemma. I am needing a new front tire on my 92 Yamaha Seca XJ 600. My son is giving me his 120/ 70/ 17 tire because he just purchased new ones for his R1. Will this size work on my Seca?

Also any rear shock upgrade recommendations?

Picture of my bike that I just got running decent the other day. Some background on the bike. It has 9200 miles . It had sat awhile. I cleaned the carbs thoroughly, cleaned the tank with white vinegar,rebuilt fuel petcock,replaced fuel pump and lines ,replaced plugs and added a UNI foam filter with stock exhaust. Also changed the oil and filter using K and N filter and Rottella T4 oil.

Previous owner modified the front fairing. I think it looks decent but I also like the look of the round headlights so may switch it out.

I have had a bunch of bikes in my 25 years of riding.

I definitely like this one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login