Thom's Project "x"

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Thom75
New to XJR
New to XJR

So, yes it is surprisingly another scrambler / Brat project. Not revealing the name jet, so for now, project "x"

Little backstory to my project. The donor bike was actually my wife's first bike in '07. After a few years given away to her sis, sold later on. In the meantime, she also had a second XJ600. I made some memorable trips on that myself. We ended up selling that one last year as my wife really wanted something new(er). And I regretted that afterwards, as it wasn't worth much anymore and thinkin' it would have been a great donor for a beginners project. Then I found out, the 1st one was actually gaining dust in a shed 2 blocks away. So I bought it back.

Then I got onto the net, searching for inspiration. As I found out here on the big projects page, i'm not the only one who has been impressed and inspired by the build(s) of the dutch custom shop "the wrench kings". You probably have seen it. if not, google. they made a white one and a stunning green machine. Also, first ideas included an engine swap for a '68 BSA 650cc twin engine, wich i dropped for being realistic about my own abscent building skills. if this one runs after i put it back together, thats victory 1. or maybe the 5th the time i get there.

Said so, project started. Got the new seat first, as the whole subframe is adapted to match that. At the moment it's welding and grinding. Hope to finish the project beginning of next summer.
Got a lot of good ideas and inspiration on this forum. and it's impressive to see what people can turn this bikes into.

Please, all the builders and fans here, tell me what you think of the general line of the bike.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login