The CB500F

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

I will periodically do an eBay search for motorbikes within a 500-mile circle around Denver. Since my last ride on the Scrambler, I've been looking for a fuel injected bike with modern parts availability. I stumbled across a Honda CB500F for a really good price, with low miles, in what I thought was Albuquerque. It's a 2014 model and I won it for $2700 USD. Well, when I went to pay for it, I noticed that it WASN'T in Albuquerque NM, but in Appling Georgia. Albuquerque is a day's drive, round trip from my home in Denver. Appling . . . 1600 miles, one-way. How did I make that mistake? There is one in New Mexico and eBay shared this one as a 'recommended based on your views' item. I didn't notice it wasn't the same, at the time.

I put up a request on UShip to see if I could get some inexpensive shipping. The best quote I got was $1300, about half the price of the bike. That sucks hard. I suppose, I'll have to ride it home. I made a simple mistake and now I'm planning a 1600 mile fly-and-ride from Georgia. That's about all I know.

Those 1600 miles meander through nine states and traverses slightly more than half the distance across the US.

Anyhow, here's the culprit.

This topic has 57 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login