Alternate crankcase ventilation?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
jake_zx2
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey guys! Making a project out of my XJ600, and as part of that project, I’ll need to run the throttle bodies open with no air box. My concern with this is that it leaves the crankcase ventilation hose without a home. I don’t want to just cap it off, but I can’t think of anywhere else I could put it to pull vacuum other than a T fitting on one of the fuel vacuum lines (which concerns me with the fuel system not getting enough vacuum). I was thinking maybe the fitting in between the 3&4 carbs, but I’m not sure if that even pulls vacuum, as I can’t find any diagram explaining exactly what that’s for (is it just a vent line or what?)

So does anyone have any ideas? Will I be fine with either a T-fitting on the fuel vacuum or just a breather filer on the crankcase? Also, any other concerns you guys would have with running the bike without the air box?

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login