1992 Yamaha XJ600 Issue with randomly stalling

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Campojov
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey so I recently acquired this XJ Seca II, previous owner stated they had no issues with the bike. At the time of when I got the bike it had no mufflers, so it was crazy loud, I took it a friend who helped put a quitter exhaust in order for me not to blow my ears off when I ride it. I noticed that after I did basic things on it like the muffler, oil change, and a new battery, the bike now just randomly stalls while I am riding it, and is misfiring as well as having an issue with a smooth idle. I am aware of the issue with the Clutch knocking, that I'm not worried about, but I cant ride the bike down my street without it just randomly turning off and refusing to turn back on. I was stranded the other day.

I uploaded a video of it idling on YouTube;

I bought the bike for 1 grand, I really am not sure whether to keep it or just resell it? Any advise is welcomed.

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login