Koi spends the day at the track

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
i_am_the_koi
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

so z2 had a trackday at infineon raceway right by where i live. definitely a draw for any enthusiast even one who doesn't quite have the proper gear to take part in the track himself.

so i rode out early in the morning to watch, learn, chat, and of course, take pictures.

i didn't expect my first pictures to be of a roll over accident.

i was following a car and it merged off onto the shoulder like it was pulling over. i slowed down as i usually do when someone suddenly pulls off the road until i am sure it's not because of something in the road. except this guy never stopped merging off and went into the dirt, hit the guardrail, flipped, took out the call box pole and sign, flipped some more, and landed on it's roof.

i stopped immediately, ran up to the car and yelled to find out if they were ok. just one guy and he was moving around and started to try to kick the door open. i called 911, took some pictures, remembered my safety knife with window breaker and when i was done with the dispatcher jumped down to try and break the window. after a couple swings i got the right angle and broke the window. turns out he was an emt and had "just drove off the road for no reason whatsoever. :wtf

chp showed up, emt showed up, i told the cop what i saw and he responded with "sounds pretty straight forward, thanks for calling it in and for breaking the window, ride safe."

so he drove off the road to the right, hit the end of the guardrail, and flipped into the call box...

View Larger Map<iframe width="700" height="394" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source= ... 40326&z=12" style="color:#0000ff;text-align:left">view larger map</a></small>[/gmap]

That's him in the EMT jacket.

I wonder how much a Call Box cost?

I love going to the track on days where you can roam around freely, wound up getting some great pics of my bike.

And of course, Any chance to celebrate in Victory lane

But I wasn't just there to take pictures of my bike and myself, there was plenty of people taking advantage of the beautiful day and the open track to get their speed fix. Also happened to get lucky and see the IRL unloading to get ready for practice. Overall, I took 680 pictures. After sorting and editing the lil bit I did, I got it down to around 350.

Here's a link to the folder with most of the pictures that aren't featured in this thread.

Here's some shots from around the "pits"
Like I said, Indy Car's were out so I had to take advantage and take some close ups.

But like I said, the point of the day was to watch bikes on the track. Was a lot of fun watching and practicing with my camera and by the end of the day I was doing quite well at catching bikes in motion.

Wound up meeting up with Tigerlily, Maygoddess, and Horsepower, who, after much flirting, got lucky and got themselves some two up time around the track.

Best part was watching Dani (HP) make it look so easy out there. Big thanks to her for dragging me out there.
Watch Koi's Videos: KoiFail, Berryessa 2-5,, Barf Nazis
Koi's Favorite Ride Reports: Yosemite 2011, CTTB

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login