Jetting on the Seca II/XJ600

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.

What type of jetting do you have on your SECA II/XJ 600?

Stock
33%
"10 Cent"
8%
Dynojet
33%
Other
25%

Total votes: 12
NekkedBike
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I am curious to see who is running what kind of jetting on their bikes. Reading about, I have found lots of people complaining about the cold blooded nature of the bike (long warm up time before it is rideable) and with the common solution to it being the "10 cent rejet" (http://www.fzrarchives.com/fzr600/work_ ... t_kit.html).

The history behind this question is that I am getting back my old '96 Seca II from the friend I sold it to. They did not take good care of it, and so I decided to make it my project bike. Lots of good information on this board, and A LOT of inspiration (kudos to all the bike of the month winners). Personally, I live in Washington State, and it takes a good 5-7 minutes of running it before it becomes a smooth ride in the morning and all through winter. So, I am going to increase the jetting, however would like to really know if the Dynojets are worth it. I found lots on the 10 cent, and a bit on people who have dynojet, but nothing really on someone who has both or ridden bikes that have had either done.

Thanks in advance. I added a poll just for that quick visual of what people are doing. If you do not see your option on there, just post what you did.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login