Regulator Wiring

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
tobyd
New to XJR
New to XJR

I've bought a replacement electrex RR for my UK '93 S which plugs directly into the stator wiring and comes with its own black ground wire. With this plugged straight into the battery negative post I get 14.4v steady from tickover upwards.

However, the old RR has another wire that goes directly to the positive battery terminal and until now has been secured via its ring terminal to the body of the old RR. I can't actually see this wire on the wiring diagram though, nor understand its function?

The red wire of the stator bundle is connected to the positive battery terminal which I was expecting - is this extra wire non-standard?

Incidentally, the supplied RR98 unit from electrex isn't a straight swap physically and needs to be moved to an current non-existent mount by the helmet hook on the LHS...

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login