Bike Update from HowDoICarbs

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
HowDoICarbs
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hey guys its been about 2 years now since i first bought my seca and boy its been through hell and back but shes still kicking, but anyways heres what ive got going on right now:
The carbs need to be rebuilt ASAP the JIS screws on it has prevented me thus far from getting into them, but shes starting to not idle and the other day one of my floats was stuck
Still burning oil and leaking oil from atleast 3 places: the oil filter leaks oil but only on startup when its warm it wont leak but when starting it comes out like a puddle between the oil filter and the engine, it burns it even on slight revs theres a 7/10 chance ill get some white smoke out of he exhaust
The handlebars and wheel are not lined up anymore, and the handlebars shake pretty violently at 20MPh up.
Due to a laydown in the rain some of my heat fins on the right side are sheared off
Valve cover gasket is toast and leaks oil everywhere
Tank is covered in rust, so much so that, the tank breather is clogged and so i cant close the gas cap or it will create a vaccume
The sprokets are toast, new chain though
Needs at stator, if i get the battery charged i can manage a few days without having to bump start
Clutch plates are bad and it slip in every gear if i hit high RPMs
HORRIBLE knocking i think its either the cam chain tensioner or the oil pump gear not sure, but it has definitly gotten worse
The front shocks are done for, the seals are leaking but the shocks are old and have so little pushback everytime i brake my bike leans forward
Oh the rear master cylinder died in october of 2017 and i have NOT been able to find a rebuild kit or even get the damned thing off for about 1 year
none of my turn signals work, or they are very intermintint
but with all that she still runs decently. Enough for me to get back n forth from work everyday
But yeah most of these problems i have no idea how to fix so im open to suggestions, or maybe i should just get a new bike? idk. But a true testament to these bikes. Super strong and reliable bike. Oh and my valves need to be done. But hey im still alive and kickin so thats what counts.
You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login