Dave is going to get a facelift

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Scott Best
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I have called it a day for this years fun on two wheels and decided I would like to give good old Dave a bit of a spruce up. I have really enjoyed our time together and decided to stick with him a bit longer, rather than upgrading to a newer bike, I will look after the old fella with a dose of TLD. I have a bit of a list of jobs to do, sorting out the engine rattles, all the usual culprits, the pin behind the clutch, the valve clearances , check the timing chain, plus one carb floods, and then there is the exhaust has been previously welded, need renewing, fork seals, rear shock. And then there is a colour change, I have gone for Opel blue Flash 22U, a VXR Colour, (Dave is currently purple). I will post more pics as I get more done, but here is the first. When all back together I'm looking forward to getting my vacuum gauges out and hopefully he will run sweet as a nut.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login