Greetings from Malaysia!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Nightstalker1993
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Just picked up an XJ600s Diversion(I think) from a friend who bought it recently from another friend of his. Odometer says 20k km only so it's a pretty low mileage unit but it seems to have some leaks around the engine already, well what to expect from 20+ year old seals. This bike pretty much does not exist in Malaysia as Yamaha never brought in this model officially before, so I have no idea how or where this bike came from, and honestly this is the only XJ600 I had ever seen in Malaysia. Most of the stuff works, but still requires some TLC. Carbs need to be balanced and retuned which hopefully can fix the rattling sound at the clutch side which goes away when I press the clutch lever, also all the leaks would be fixed as well. Also looks like the previous owner swapped out the dual exhaust with a giant single exhaust from an old R6. That can is huge! Other than eBay, anybody have a good website to source parts for the XJ600? Since this bike does not exist here, spares are also non-existent and I will have to rely on the internet to get spares.

My fuel petcock knob/lever also had gone missing

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login