Sunday in Northern Ireland

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
Scorpyn
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

As the weather here over the last week has been making Ireland feel like the southern Mediterranean, 86F or 30C for much of the week, I decided to get out and go north in search of cooler weather.

Needless to say I didn't really have to look far as when I woke up it had dropped to 54F or 15C overnight. Oh well.

Having never been up to the north coast on a bike before I decided to go have a ride around the famous North West 200 road circuit between Portrush and Portstewart... and now I see why the racers who ride these circuits like the NW200 and TT are a breed apart. That road must be insanely fast, it's all huge straights with some intricate bits linking the towns. Stopped on the grid for a minute just to try to imagine the atmosphere as you are about to set off on a 130mph average lap with over 200 on the straights. Through houses and walls and under bridges... wow.

Rode along the causeway drive on the north coast. Nice cliff side road with good flow as far as the Giant's causeway. If you have never heard of it look it up, it's a UNESCO world heritage site. Tracked south from there to Ballymoney to Joey's Bar, once owned and run by the legendary Joey Dunlop. Bought some souvenirs and visited the Dunlop memorial before heading back to the Republic via Derry before getting home to South Donegal after 250 miles.

Never saw the sun. Not once. And not a cloud in the sky for a week prior!

Filled the bike before I left, 9.81 litres for 124 miles giving 57mpg (last ride was... spirited [emoji6]) filled it again after 150 miles with 8.68 litres giving over 78mpg! Now I was taking it pretty easy this afternoon but that really surprised me.

Last pic in the sun is from last weekend heading south into Roscommon, just so you can believe that it doesn't always rain in Ireland!
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

If you can't hear me coming from a mile away, I've run out of gas

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login