Koi's Birthday in SF

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
i_am_the_koi
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Wow, 3 reports in one day...

Well, if ya'll are as much of XJ lovers as the last 3 hours of lurking has given me the impression, then you'll dig this one too.

Wow....

3 wonderful days of SF, riding, drinking, enjoying the scenery and the sights.

Absolutely what I wanted for my birthday.

First, Big shoutouts to those who helped make it happen!..

Anyways, pictures, stories, details

Absolute stunning start to the trip. Warm enough that at 7 in the morning I made the decision to abandon my plans on being prepared with rain gear and extra layers for SF... Went with the single sweater, thermal option and would deal.
ImageImage

Had breakfast at Gillwoods Cafe in Napa with James. Ran into my boss, and funny story. My boss has met my father a dozen times, but always when he was on the moto and wearing his helmet. So from behind, she thought that James was my father... poor guy. :rofl

After breakfast it was a easy KSU and off to the big city of San Francisco.

Traffic was pretty light, thick but flowing so no big deal and we got to the Marin Headlands in about 40 minutes.

Sometimes there's perks to owning a moto, like when you want to park on the curb to take that perfect shot!

I am not sure which one I prefer....
ImageImage

After getting our photo on, I explained how we were going to cross the bridge and take an immediate right onto 25th st. How I didn't have fastrack so I would be using the right lane. I made the assumption that I would be followed, but as soon as we got to the gate I hear James punch it through. I take the immediate right, realize he didn't, and then go on the hunt. :rant

Found him coming back down 19th.... :rant which means I would have to turn around and catch up to him as there is nowhere for him to turn around and catch me.... :rant

But, once we connected, it was smooth sailing again, stopped at Lands end for a mediocre picture of the bridge.... I could have done better.

We took a break in Golden Gate Park. Packed on a Sunday however there was plenty of parking at Stow Lake and we stopped and went for some geocaching.

Afterwards got a little overheated and decided it was time for a drink, rode downtown with James in very civilized manner..... :laughing.

Stopped into Lefty O'Douls for a delectible beverage and walked down to the Apple Store to purchase a new Ipod since mine decided to release the magic smoke right before this trip... Amazing, there are more Apple employee's then customers.

Met up with a friend on Haight st at Hobsons Choice, a very tasty Rum bar. I recommend the Lemonade if you don't have to drive afterwards.... Realized my backpack was in my way and so I bid farewell to James as he left for the ball and chain and went back to check into the Beach Motel I was staying at.

Went back down to Haight... those drinks were damn good!

After getting back to the hotel, did some more exploring, found a damn good Thai restaurant just up the street, and though I knew I had a ride planned the next day, chose to go with some Green Curry, extra spice! Must be the gods saying happy birthday cause no problems in the gut afterwards... Thank you gods!!!
Watch Koi's Videos: KoiFail, Berryessa 2-5,, Barf Nazis
Koi's Favorite Ride Reports: Yosemite 2011, CTTB

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login