Indicator Issues

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
FrozenXJ
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello,

I've been having a few issues with my front indicators. The bike has been converted to LED indicators by a previous owner and recently the front two just do not flash, and the rear two work- but flash at twice the speed. Occasionally the front ones will work and the flash speed will be normal, but only for two flashes or so.

I've bought a circuit tester with a bulb and used it on them, believing that I would be able to trace it back to a bad earth or something. However, a current was reaching past the flasher relay on both the left and right indicators and going into the indicators themselves- which are still not flashing. The current seemed to be of the same strength that was going into the rear ones and flashing at the same double rate.

This leads me to believe it's the indicators themselves that are faulty, but both the left and right breaking at the same time? Seems unlikely, so any suggestions what on earth could be causing this? Tried tracing the wires back into the bike but really not sure what I'm doing and the wiring is a bit of a mess with the aftermarket indicators and an alarm.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login