XJ 1997N/I.O.M.

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Ronnie
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Now I've introduced myself I now would like to start a thread regarding my project. I am going to make a Cafe racer/Project bike/Flatracker. I am trying to decide if I should go for a 17"rear wheel but kinda like original front end even though Its single disc and 38mm forks. Next thing is it's running fine at the moment but I see all sorts of posts regarding carburattion issues, what's the story? I intend to run open mouth trumpets.
Is it possible to match both wheels to 17" without changing swinging arm and forks.
I have sourced a 275mm Olhins rear shock but need advice on what to do with front end.
I have modified swinging arm to allow more room to get 4 x 31.75 pipes through for planned 4 into 4 exhaust system. Next what I am after is 2 x 4" / 5" nice twin headlight units. Anyhow if you have any thoughts on above let me know. Ta and Merry Christmas. Ronnie
Team Collins & Russell

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login