Checking out new bikes

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
TonyKZ1
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I regularly get email from Yamaha, HD, Indian, etc. and their sort of local dealers. A Yamaha dealer had a good deal on some 2017 SCR950's, retail $8,699 on sale for $3,999. Basically a scramblerized Yamaha Bolt. Looks good, a little heavy, too small of a gas tank but whatever. So I contacted them on it. After talking back and forth, they were asking about a trade-in and wanted me to send pictures of my 1997 Seca II.

They called again this morning with an offer of $400 for my bike, if I traded it in on a new SCR950. Well, I guess I wasn't that serious. As my bike is worth more than $400 to me and since it's my main transportation so I declined the offer. Not really that serious about buying a new bike, more just kinda looking. Of course my co-workers all buying new or late model bikes doesn't help any. :D
1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login