Radare's 1969 Honda CB350 (That I May Mod to Annoy Crimson)

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

Yep. You read that right. I own a CB350. I actually bought this bike in June of 2009 in piece. I put it in my garage and left it there. The years went by, it sat in the garage and I never got a title for it. Eventually, I figured it'd cost more to title than it was worth and had mentally decided to part it when I moved to Broomfield.

Well, today I went to the DMV and $63 later, I have a clean title for the '69. So Instead, I'll be building it back up and getting it on the road. That's what this topic will be about.

Here's how it looks right now, sad, burred in the back corner of my filthy Denver garage, in pieces and unloved. This is as far as I made it with the bike the first time I went at restoring it. Sad, I know.

The engine is in pieces. The project stalled the first time because I was afraid to pull apart the bottom end and gearbox. I'm not anymore. I've done it a couple of times now on other bikes. The top-end is all over my workbench and many pieces, I'm sure, have been scattered to the workbench gods. I have a box of parts in the basement including a rebuilt head and slipper tensioner. Might even be a gasket set down there. This will be a challenge.

This topic has 24 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login