Adding a wiring circuit.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Peregrine
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I picked up a cheapie trunk off amazon that's worked out well. I decided to add some LEDs (12 led tape so about 50 extra mA) under the reflector on the trunk to add a additional brake light. I also decided I wanted to wire in a usb charging port in the trunk so I can throw the phone in there when I forget to charge it before a long ride. I wired straight to the battery but I would prefer to wire it in to a switched circuit. I thought about adding a relay to break the positive and having the relay triggered off one of the existing circuits, but I don't want to get too exotic before I get advice since I also considered making an Arduino controller that could switch the circuits off depending on the bike's state (either on/off, or on till voltage hit a certain threshold and then it kills circuits to prevent draining the battery too far). When I thought about the Arduino I realized I was maybe getting to exotic so coming here first.

What suggestions would work for what I am attempting?

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login