Motorcycle crash videos thread - POSSIBLY GRAPHIC!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator

Just thought I'd post up some of my "favorite" motorcycle crash videos. Most of these will be from Live Leak as youtube is blocked at my work (this is a lunchtime hobby)

I am not in this for gore or anything, I have just found that watching a bunch of motorcycle crash videos has showed some common traits that I feel help me ride safer, so I thought I'd just post up a directory of some of the best videos and compilations.

These may be graphic, and people die in some of them, so fair warning. I have left out some of the most graphic I have seen because they didn't show a unique lesson to learn, but some are still graphic.

The intent here is education, not gore. If it doesn't teach us anything not blatantly obvious, then don't post it, so 2 rules:
1. No stunting videos: We already know that if you are wearing board shorts and doing wheelies, you are going to get road rash.
2. No track/race videos: It's obvious that you shouldn't be riding on the road the way to ride on the track, so track accidents aren't that educational.

Anyway, here are some of the best I have found:

Motorcycles are not as visible, especially for depth - oncoming car passing on a 2-lane

http://www.xjrider.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3251
Lesson: Ride as if every other driver on the road is trying to kill you. Also, ALWAYS pay attention.

Low siding on a curve:

Lesson: The road isn't the track, sand, dirt, wet patches, etc can easily cause a low-side. Don't push it on public roads.

Cars turning in front of a motorcycle:

Lessons:
1. Don't speed on public roads, especially through intersections
2. Cars can't see motorcycle depth and speed as well, can't tell you're speeding.
Last edited by Nelsonmd on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread (Rusted out)
2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (gone)
2004 Vespa ET4 (sold)

This topic has 157 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login