1994 Xj600 Project

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
reddot9898
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello everyone. My names Randyn and I'm 17 years old and restoring bikes is a hobby of mine. I picked up this 94 xj600 for only 200$. It sat in a storage containers for 4 years and I brought it back to life. All new sprockets chain, painted fairing new tires new bulbs everywhere, oil change cleaned and coated inside tank, added led turn signals and rebuilt carbs. In a year I put 12,000 miles on the bike and I love it. Over the winter I decided to do a naked conversion. I added dual headlights up front separate tach and speedo, gold exhaust rap. I built home made side pipes with home made baffles at my school which made the bike sound like a super bike. Anyways I recently hit a deer on the highway and totaled the bike. Bent the forks, bent the handlebars, destroyed all rear end plastics all lights gauges. Broke brake lines and cables up front. Destroyed gas tank and basically everything. Enough rambling but that's the history of the bike and I do have some questions now lol. I am doing theverything usuall fork swap and rear tire swap. I was just wondering. Is there any piston swaps maybe the fzr or yzf used the same pistons.I dont have any ideas on this and that's why I'm posting. I can't find brand new pistons and rings anywhere exactly for an xj600. I want to keep this bike for ever hopefully but I want to be able to buy parts for it and the hardest thing it seems to find for the bike is motor components. And one last thing. Is there any 17 inch rear wheel or rear swing arm swaps around. Thank you very much sorry for such long post. I don't have any pics of my bike when it was completed because I literally got to ride it for 2 days after completed before it got totaled.

This topic has 9 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login