Scorpion EXO AT-950 Modular ADV Helmet

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
fateddy
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

I just picked up a new Scorpion EXO AT950 helmet.

First impressions:
Overall fit with a medium is very comfortable on me. My head is wide about the ears, so I have a hard time finding sunglasses that fit well. My hat sizes are usually pretty large. So I'd say sizing runs large on this helmet. My old helmet is a Seven Zero Seven, so things like noise, weight, venting, etc are all very relative.

Aerodynamics: I've had it out for one ride, topping out at about 60 mph, with the peak on. It's a little buffety, but not terrible. It's a long helmet, though, so when you turn your head at speed, it will try to unscrew it.

Vision: Excellent side and low front peripheral. The visor seems to be optically correct. The internal sun visor is a little distracting. It doesn't swivel down quite far enough, so you can see an inch or so of space below it. The bottom edge is constantly in my vision and it might not be great if the pavement is wet and it's sunny. We'll see how I adjust to that. Might just get a tinted visor. The internal sun visor is not optically correct, but it's not terrible. Kind of irritating but not enough to return it.

Vents: Excellent. One of my first complaints was that the lowest setting on the visor is too high to just crack it and keep the fog down. However, the chin vent feels like a blower when it's open, so that's probably not gonna be an issue. I'd worry more about chapped lips. The top vent seems good, too, but I kept it closed because it was cold out.

Noise: Overall volume isn't bad, but there are some odd whistles and whines from different sources depending on your head position.

Construction: Seems solid. The whole face shield locks into place with metal latches and is pretty heavy and satisfying to work. I'm unfamiliar with modular helmets in general, though, so I don't know how it stacks up to Schuberth, AGV, and the others.
Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login