Offroad crash with the XJ

Talk about that last great ride or perhaps, the next one. Ride reports here.
MichaelX
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

Went for a solo ride into the nearby area and there is a road that connects 2 villages thru forest hills but its not paved and there is this huge incline halfway thru. So i get there but recent rains made a ditch in the middle of the road so i took the right side, all was going well and halfway into the climb i fell on the left side into the ditch and my foot get caught under the bike. it was 7:20PM and night was closing in fast. Noooo i thought and i remember my brother telling me never go offroad alone because u can get trapped under the bike. Waited a bit and noone around so i gather my strength and managed to lift the bike a bit and got my leg out. Wow that took allot of effort but i had to do it. now the bike its almost upside down into the ditch i try to pick it up but i cant lift it! I struggle to lift it and hold it for couple of minutes but there is no way i can lift it, i get tired and cant hold it no more, i had to put it down, but it rotated and it was gonna sit on the speedometer, i have to let go as i dont have any energy left, i hear a crack. there goes the speedometer:(. I cant believe it, there is no one around for 4 km each direction. I try to lift it again and again but i cant im exhausted and i start getting dehydrated. I paused for a moment to think, "ill rotate the bike a bit so the front wheel gets in the ditch when i try to lift it", that dint work, it was still wheels up and whole weight towards downhill. More rotation! I pull the front, the rear the front the rear and after half an hour since i droped it i manage to get it 180degrees facing downhill, a bit more effort and i get it 2 wheels into the ditch and its almost upright! Its now almost 8PM and getting dark. Time to start it, not a chance, crank and crank and crank but nothing. when i was under gas was pouring out like crazy think i lost 2 litters there. I start rolling down a bit put it in gear so i can use clutch to brake the rear and then i get stuck in the ditch, tried to start it some more, i was holding the start button for 1 min nothing:S... put it in prime and back to on, put the choke on and then barely started but it kept dying. and then it started running, got out of the ditch turned it of so i can go slow downhill then it dint want to start again, so i pull in the clutch put in in 3rd, get some speed and after rear locking for about 3m it started, yey im saved! revved it a bit, went all the way down that hill, looked back and said, ill get u another time! Stopped for a bit to check the damages, left cover and peg is scratched, muffler scratched, broken speedometer cup and bike was smoking like crazy, white smoke. Ill inspect it more tomorrow morning as it was too dark to see. i took it easy and rode it home without a problem! Ill post a pic tomorrow as im exhausted now, and i learned my lesson i wont go alone offroad anymore! Going off now as my leg feels like its burning and it hurts.
Stay safe out there and good night(day).
1997 XJ600N Diversion
-Marving Master 4 in 2 exhaust system
-DID X-Ring Chain 520 VX-Gold 110 Link
-Oxford Adventure Style Heated Grips
-Pipercross air filter

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login